April 24, 2015
For additional information:
Chief Communications Officer
Clark College provides community members with the tools and opportunities
they need to find jobs at a career fair held Apriul 27-29
VANCOUVER, Wash.–Clark College’s Career Days is entering its fifth year with its largest-ever number of employers participating in two separate job fairs, as well as many new events designed to help today’s job-seekers. The three-day event will be held April 27-29 at the college’s main campus.
The annual event includes seminars, skills sessions, clinics, speaker panels, and other events designed to assist students and community members in their job search efforts and to prepare students in transferring to a bachelor’s degree. All events are free and open to the public.
Schedule highlights (full schedule available online at clark.edu/cc/careerdays):
Monday, April 27
- Presentation: “LinkedIn & the Online Job Search”
- Speakers panel: “Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math”
- Career assessment workshop
Tuesday, April 28
- Drop-in resume and LinkedIn Clinic
- Employer panel: “Succeeding at Your Job”
Wednesday, April 29
- Job Fair with representative from 61 employers
- Separate Health Careers Job Fair with representatives from 20 employers
- Photo booth for a free professional headshot for attendees’ LinkedIn profiles
- “Borrow an Expert” event in which successful Clark College alumni can be reserved for 15-minute conversations about jobs in their respective fields.
“Clark College takes great pride in its role as a promoter of economic vitality in our region,” said Clark College Career Services Director Edie Blakley. “Eleven of the 12 Career Days 2015 events bring employers and professionals from outside the college to connect with our students and community members. This provides immediate opportunities for jobs, skill development, networking, and getting information that can help our graduates put their degrees to work.”
All events are free to students and members of the community. No registration is required. Clark College is located at 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver. Driving directions and parking maps are available at www.clark.edu/maps.
Complete information about the event – including times and locations of the various events – is available at www.clark.edu/cc/careerdays or by calling 360-992-2902.
Information about Clark College Career Services is available at www.clark.edu/cc/careerservices.