Learn More About Style Manuals
Handouts and Online Guides
- The Little, Brown Handbook, Overview (MLA, APA, Chicago, CSE)
- Research and Documentation Online (MLA, APA, Chicago, CSE)
- Online! A Reference Guide to Using Internet Sources (MLA, APA, CBE)
- ACS Style Guide
Style Manual Shortcuts and Helpers
Many databases will actually write the citation for you if you know where to look. Be cautious about using these tools: they're good to start with, but double check the content, order and punctuation as you have learned. You know more about what your instructor expects than the short-cut tools know.
Here are some examples:
- Worldcat.org: In the item record, look for the "cite this record" link
- Landmarks Son of Citation Machine: Fill in the blanks with all the information about your source.
- Your school may subscribe to services such as Refworks or EndNote. Ask you librarian or instructor.