The Research Experts
Reference librarians know a lot about research, and they're there to help you.
Introduce yourself to one or more reference librarians and let them know that you're adding them to your research team. Ask the librarian about the different ways you can get help, which may include:
- the Reference Desk;
- online, from the library's web site;
- by phone, during library open hours;
- online chat or other virtual areas.
The librarian may ask you questions about your assignment or project. They're really not being nosey, it's just that the more they know, the better they can help you.
Examples of questions the librarians may ask:
- May I see the assignment?
- Who is your instructor?
- What have you tried so far? (It's OK to say you're just starting!)
- How much time to you have?