Salutations! So, I’m not sure how we managed it, but we have a third podcast for the third week of summer term. That’s us, setting new records all the time.
In this podcast we interview Adam Coleman, a Computer Technology instructor at Clark College. Adam was kind enough to chat with us about the Penguin Help Desk. What’s that? You’ve never heard of the Penguin Help Desk? Well, to find out more, why don’t you listen?
If you can’t listen right now, here’s the tl;dr:
Did you know that Clark college has its’ very own Student run help desk. The Penguin help desk (PhD) is a student staffed computer help desk run as part of the Computer Support Specialist program offered by the CTEC Department. It is located on the Clark College main campus and provides students, faculty, and anyone in the community with the following FREE services:
- Installation of anti-virus/anti-malware software
- Virus/malware removal and system speed-up
- Recommend parts purchases for customers
- Help with application error messages
- Troubleshoot network/internet issues
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Re-format hard drive and re-install software
- Clean up your hard drive of old or temporary files
- Computer advice
Here is what you need to know:
- Open Monday – Thursday from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Location: Building AA4, room 110
- There is parking just outside the door for your convenience
Here’s a link to the Penguin Help Desk flier: Flier!
Here’s the Penguin Help Desk number: 360.992.2562