Answer: It depends on what kind of studying they want to do!
CTC has a lot of great study areas! Need quiet? Need to work in a group? Need tutoring? We’ve dubbed the study areas at CTC as “commons” and, with feedback from students, have set some guidelines to help you find the right place in the studysphere.
- Quiet Commons: These areas are for silent study, rest and reflection.
- CTC 330
- 203 Computer Lab
- Study Commons: These areas are for small study groups, peer-to-peer learning and academic discussion.
- CTC 204
- CTC 304
- CTC 310
- CTC 336 – Also called the Tutoring Commons
- Tutoring Commons: Treat this area as a study commons, to be used for formal tutoring as well as for small study groups, peer-to-peer learning, and academic discussion. Tutors have priority use during scheduled hours, which are posted in the room.
- CTC 336
- Community Commons: This area is for social conversation and interaction. Look for ASCC student activities and other events here, too!
- Second Floor, top of the stairs.
- Information Commons: This area is the CTC library and it’s for academic work and discussion in small groups or with a librarian or library staff. Use the PCs or just spread out your stuff on a table.
- CTC 219
- CTC 219A and 219B : study rooms for either group or quiet study.