Clark College is currently selecting a book for everyone to read together from Fall 2014-2016. Like other “big read” or “community read” projects, there will be a variety of activities related to the book that is chosen. Plus, when meeting someone, you’ll always have something in common to talk about!
Since the college is in the selection process now, they have made books available in the library for 3-day check out. It’s limited, so you have to read fast! And since it’s a short time, there should be at least one book available so please drop by and check them out.
These are the six books you can read:
- Our Patchwork Nation: the Surprising Truth About the “Real” America, Dante Chinni
- The Worlds’ Strongest Librarian: A Memoir of Tourette’s, Faith, Strength, and the Power of Family, Josh Hanagarne
- Escape from Camp 14: One Man’s Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West, Blaine Harden
- Wine to Water: A Bartender’s Quest to Bring Clean Water to the World, Doc Hendley
- Garbology: Our Dirty Love Affair with Trash, Edward Humes
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Skloot
After you’ve read the books, submit your feedback to the Common Read Selections Survey: http://webapps.clark.edu/snapwebhost/s.asp?k=138980171764. The survey will close at 5:00pm on Friday, April 18, 2014.
Find out if the book you want is available at CTC or Cannell: http://oswald.clark.edu/search/r?SEARCH=first+year+experience.
These are all supposed to be excellent books. One is even about a librarian! Come on in, check them out, and help choose the one that Clark will be talking about.