Images and Media Resources
These resources provide access to a wealth of images
and media. They are available for fair-use educational use in the
classroom (such as lectures and presentations). For other uses, permission
must be attained from the copyright holder. More
information on copyright.
- Clark College Student Newspaper Collection
- The Clark College Student Newspaper Collection currently features 87 issues from The Penguin's Progress newspaper. The issues were published during the 1959, 1960, 1961 and 1962 school years. The newspaper includes topics on campus life, politics, art and culture, sports and other areas of interest.
Clark College Visual Resources Collection
A repository of more than 5,000 images digitized from the art slide collection of the Clark College Art Department.
Database of hundreds of thousands of digital
images. How to Access
ARTstor from Off Campus
AccessMedicine NOTE: Allows one user at a time. If you are denied access, please wait a few minutes and try again.
Access to the information necessary for completing
evaluations, diagnoses, case management decisions, conducting
research, medical education, or self-assessment and board review.
Full-text books, such as Harrison's Principles
of Internal Medicine.
Encyclopedia of Science & Technology Online
Full-text access to reliable, credible science
information, including articles, illustrations, biographies, and
AtoZ Maps Online
The world's largest subscription-based database of proprietary, royalty-free world,
continent, country, and state maps. Included in the 4,000+ maps are: political maps, physical maps, outline
maps, population maps, precipitation maps, climate maps, and other thematic maps.
Using clips from more than 300 of the greatest movies ever made, this 1995 series explores film history and American culture through the eyes of over 150 Hollywood insiders,
including Clint Eastwood, Steven Spielberg, and Michael Eisner.
Films for the Humanities
A limited number of videos, available until February 2012. Titles include: Bill Moyers on Faith and Reason, Power of
Art, Stress: Keeping Your Cool, and Writing Women's Lives.
Frontline - PBS
In-depth, thought-provoking documentaries on current issues in the news.
NBC News Archives on Demand
- Watch thousands of videos, historic newsreels, primary source documents, and photographs. Watch online or download, search by topic, collection, date, keyword; create your personal playlists.
Theatre in Video NOTE: Allows 3 users at a time. If you are denied access, please wait a few minutes and try again.
- Contains more than 250 definitive performances of the world's leading plays, together with more than 100 film documentaries, online in streaming video - more than 500 hours in all - representing hundreds of leading playwrights, actors and directors.
- Stash is the online magazine for animation, digital effects, motion graphics. Known issues with Google Chrome and Internet Explorer; We suggest using FireFox.
of Museum and Library Services
- Search across hundreds of digital collections from libraries and
museums across the country.
- Digital collection from libraries and museums across Alabama.
Alaska Digital Archives
- Over 5,000 images of Alaska's heritage.
- Collection of digitized primary materials from California libraries,
archives, and museums. Includes themed collections such as the Gold
Rush and World War II.
Library of Congress American History and Culture Collection
- Multiple types of digitized content including photographs, maps, sound
recordings, and movies.
Library of Congress International Collections
- Includes resources, such as photographs of the Ottoman and Russian
empires, from the national libraries of other countries.
Oregon Digital Library Project
- The best of Oregonís digital collections. Easily search through a variety of documents, photographs and other digital items from the stateís universities, libraries and museums.
- Devoted to the history of photography, this site also includes an
University of Washington Digital Collections
- Diverse collection of images fromand about Washington State and the
Pacific Northwest including movie stills, architecture, Northwest Coast
American Indians, and more.
Washington State Digital Archives
- Photographs, as well as state and county records, including birth, census, death, land, marriage, military, etc. The nation's first archives dedicated specifically to the
preservation of electronic records from both Washington state and local agencies that have permanent legal, fiscal or historical value.
Duke Digital Collections
- Variety of national and international subjects.
Harvard University Library
- List of links to the various digital collections housed on the Harvard
campus. Includes collections of photographs, pamplets, and more.
Yale University Library Digital Collections
- Access to digital collections owned by Yale University.
Historical Photograph Collection at the Arizona State Archives
- Over 30,000 images mostly from before 1940.
New York Public Library Digital Gallery
- Over 600,000 images with subjects ranging from arts to science.
Indiana Historical Society
- Images cover topics from sports to architecture.
- Smithsonian Science Service
Historical Image Collection
- Images from the Smithsonian Museum's collections.
- USGS Newsroom
- Images and other media from the US Geolocical Survey.
- OhioLINK Digital Media Center
- Audio, video, and image collections from OhioLINK. Subjects include
art, history, and science.
and Medical Digital Image Collections
- From the University of Michigan libraries.
- NOAA Photo Library
- From the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Includes
pictures of Hurricane Katrina, coral reefs, and much more.
Focus on Medical Images
- eSkeletons Project
- 2-D and 3-D digitized skeletons
Jove: Journal of Visualized Experiments
- Hundreds of peer-reiewed videos
Health on the New Foundation
- Repository of more than 6,800 medical images and videos
- pictures hosted on the Hardin MD (University of Iowa) web site.
Medical Images and Illustrations
- from the Karolinska Institute
American Society of Hematology
- Image Bank